Sunday 5 June 2011

Trip to Bonneville (Itinerary)

I thought I would post the Itinerary for the upcoming trip from Calgary to the Bonneville Salt Flats this August. Our departure date is the 12th and we return on the 21st. I plan on posting enroute both here as well as my Twitter feed. So if any of you fellow cafe/bike enthusiasts are around please drop a note. I hope to see a few of you down at the flats.

Our first leg begins in Calgary at 6 am. My favorite time of the day. For those of you that don't know me well enough, that would be a large degree of sarcasm. I'll be the only one in a truck and trailer. My 450cc bike would make the trip without a problem, my back on the other hand likely would not. I will be acting as a support vehicle as well as the camera guy. I have a bunch of new equipment I really want to try out.



Our second day will be more casual and scenic, traveling from Sandpoint to Emmett. Having said this however, I have a hunch that if anyone's bike is going to fail, it will likely fail along this part of the journey. I'll be needing to stop a few moments along this route for photo ops.


The last long ride (not including the return home). This is where we leave the rolling Rocky Mountains and begin our first experience with the Nevada desert. I've been told to expect temperatures is the range of 85 to 100 degrees. I'll be in an air conditioned truck so hopefully no troubles here. The rest of the crew will have air conditioning as long as they don't stop. I'll have plenty of ice water and replenishment's along this leg.


We will be staying in Wells instead of Wendover. The hotels are booked immediately after they become available six months prior. Wells is about an hour away but a hotel room is worth the travel. My brother in-law and I will be camping every night on the way down with this exception.



See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. If you have something to share please feel free to post it.